Get Ready for Your Summer Vacation with these Tips
When you get ready for your summer vacation, don’t forget about your vehicle. Your vehicle is important because you will have to rely on it to get you to and from your destination safely. If you ever notice anything out of the norm with the vehicle, make sure to schedule an appointment so we can inspect it for you.
Here are some tips to get your vehicle ready for summer:
1) The brake system should be inspected. Stopping is important.
2) Check all the fluid levels and inspect them for leaks.
3) The oil is the life blood of your vehicle. Have us change it according to the recommended schedule.
4) The belts and hoses need to be inspected for cracks, wear, and lose connections.
5) Check the tires. Under inflated and worn tires will need immediate attention.
6) Don’t forget to change the engine’s air filter. Over time it will plug up with dirt and grime that impacts your mileage.
7) Inspect the wipers and check your cabin air filter.
8) Have us test your radiator, coolant, and thermostat. This will help prevent the vehicle from overheating.
9) Remember to check the battery cable connections and test the battery. More batteries fail from the heat of summer than the cold of winter.
10) The air conditioner belts, hoses, and temperature output should be tested so you can stay cool all summer long.